Call Us Today ~ (049) 85 44 104

Commissioner for Oaths

If you have a document that needs to be signed by a Commissioner for Oaths in Cavan, Brady Solicitors have an office in Ballyjamesduff with free on street parking available.  You should bring a valid passport or Irish driving licence or refugee travel document with you to the appointment. A standard fee of €10 per signature and €4 per exhibit applies.

The reasons you may need the services of a Commissioner for Oaths are:

Signing an Affidavit

  • Affidavit of Freedom to Marry
  • Sole Guardian Affidavit when applying for a Passport for a minor
  • Affidavit of means,
  • Revenue Commissioners Affidavit
  • Affidavit to prove non-ownership of a foreign property when applying for social housing
  • Affidavit of Lost Document

Signing a Statutory Declaration

  • Statutory Declaration that a property is not a family home
  • Statutory Declaration MP2A or MP2A(1) by Irish citizen seeking Certificat de Coutume/Nulla Osta for marriage abroad (with Birth Certificate as an Exhibit) or MP2B, MP2D, MP2E, MP2F
  • University/College Statutory Declaration for Replacement Parchment
  • Statutory Declaration of Father and Mother in relation to Joint Guardianship of a child
  • Statutory Declaration required for Department of Education Home Based July Provision
  • Statutory Declaration for refund of City/County Council commercial rates
  • Statutory Declaration of eligibility and suitability under the Adoption Act (with Marriage Cert Exhibit)
  • Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union.

Certified copy of document as being a “True Copy”

  • Copy of a Passport
  • Copy of Driving Licence
  • Copy Bank Statements for Australian immigration authorities
  • Copy of Birth Certificate
  • Copy of Marriage certificate
  • Copy of Reference letter
  • Copy of school letter for Irish Immigration or other purposes
  • Copy of any Letter/Invoice/Business document

Note that the original document should be brought along with a good quality photocopy or scanned image.

Witnessing a signature on a document

  • Witnessing a parents signature
    on a “Letter of consent to travel” / “Consent letter” / “Letter of Freedom to Travel” for a minor
  • Witnessing a Parents signature on a “Letter of Freedom” which may be needed when a child is getting married

For more information on the functions of Commissioners for Oaths please visit